Saturday, March 20, 2010

Key Market Indicators this week 15-19 March

* Large-Cap Growth +.77%
Worst Performing Style

* Small-Cap Growth -.66%

Leading Sectors

* HMOs +7.83%
Hospitals +5.16%
Telecom +2.16%
REITs +2.15%
Education +1.95%

Lagging Sectors

* Steel -3.20%
Alt Energy -3.84%
Oil Service -4.40%
Airlines -5.07%
Coal -7.97%

Transport

Baltic Dry Index 3,396 +2.41%

* Oil Tanker Rate(Arabian Gulf to U.S. Gulf Coast) 65.0 +13.04%

* Rail Freight Carloads 203,626 -4.08%



Indices

* S&P 500 1,159.90 +.86%

* DJIA 10,741.98 +1.10%

* NASDAQ 2,374.41 +.29%

* Russell 2000 673.89 -.40%

* Wilshire 5000 11,933.68 +.65%

* Russell 1000 Growth 517.53 +.77%

* Russell 1000 Value 595.64 +.76%

* Morgan Stanley Consumer 700.21 +.86%

* Morgan Stanley Cyclical 882.41 +.57%

* Morgan Stanley Technology 596.49 +.65%

* Transports 4,373.73 +1.12%

* Utilities 381.80 +1.33%

* MSCI Emerging Markets 41.38 unchanged

* Lyxor L/S Equity Long Bias Index 988.05 +.45%

* Lyxor L/S Equity Variable Bias Index 853.34 +.27%

* Lyxor L/S Equity Short Bias Index 8863.74 -1.43%


* Sentiment/Internals

* NYSE Cumulative A/D Line +84,189 +.45%

* Bloomberg New Highs-Lows Index +451 -90

* Bloomberg Crude Oil % Bulls 32.0 +14.3%

* CFTC Oil Net Speculative Position +124,143 +13.57%

* Total Put/Call .97 +12.79%

* OEX Put/Call .71 -26.80%

* ISE Sentiment 107.0 -13.71%

* NYSE Arms 1.28 -19.50%

* Volatility(VIX) 16.97 -3.47%

* G7 Currency Volatility (VXY) 10.74 -3.94%

* Smart Money Flow Index 9,613.21 +.99%

* Money Market Mutual Fund Assets $3.017 Trillion -2.4%

* AAII % Bulls 35.37 -21.90%

* AAII % Bears 29.88 +18.15%


* Futures Spot Prices


* CRB Index 272.63 -.25%

* Crude Oil 80.68 -.49%

* Reformulated Gasoline 225.56 +.03%

* Natural Gas 4.17 -4.90%

* Heating Oil 207.67 -.87%

* Gold 1,107.60 +.55%

* Bloomberg Base Metals 215.35 +.33%

* Copper 337.25 -.55%

* US No. 1 Heavy Melt Scrap Steel 303.33 USD/Ton +.11%
China Hot Rolled Domestic Steel Sheet 4,248 Yuan/Ton +3.64%
S&P GSCI Agriculture 311.13 +.51%



* Economy Indicators

* ECRI Weekly Leading Economic Index 130.90 +.38%

* Citi US Economic Surprise Index +38.40 +2.3 points

* Fed Fund Futures imply 84.0% chance of no change, 16.0% chance of 25 basis point cut on 4/28


* US Dollar Index 80.76 +1.16%

* Yield Curve 270.0 -5.0 basis points

* 10-Year US Treasury Yield 3.69% -1 basis point

* Federal Reserve's Balance Sheet $2.290 Trillion +1.13%

* U.S. Sovereign Debt Credit Default Swap 29.0 -3.33%

* Western Europe Sovereign Debt Credit Default Swap Index 78.64 +19.81%


* N. America Investment Grade Credit Default Swap Index 86.03 +3.91%

* Euro Financial Sector Credit Default Swap Index 71.40 +2.39%

* Emerging Markets Credit Default Swap Index 217.72 +.33%

* M1 Money Supply $1.700 Trillion -.74%
Business Loans 636.80 -.28%

* 4-Week Moving Average of Jobless Claims 471,300 -.9%

* Continuing Claims Unemployment Rate 3.5% unch.

* Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate 4.96% +1 basis point

* Weekly Mortgage Applications 620.90 -1.93%

* ABC Consumer Confidence -43 +6 points

* Weekly Retail Sales +3.20% +10 basis points

* Nationwide Gas $2.81/gallon +.03/gallon
U.S. Heating Demand Next 7 Days 24.0% below normal

Monday, March 15, 2010

Trading day key times of March 16th by astralguide

Travels : Fairly good, happy return
Trades : Tumultous and abnormal sessions. High risk.

The energy that usually drives the micro trends is dissolved; very weak yet when there is extreme manipulation by larger players, exceptions and anomalies can happen like this week. Markets run in short and long term cycles but when there is an unnatural intense trend, usually the outcome is also similar e.i. usually intense. Anything can be expected.
This is a period between two very strong short cycles and
it is difficult to plan or project for any direction and the best one can do is sit and watch.

Trading day key times of March 16th for Asia Europe and USA

There is a strong energy at 2:35 AM CST which means 7.35 AM GMT and little bit late for the Asian markets. Then there is another burst of energy at 4 AM cst or 9 AM GMT.
Then at about 5 AM CST 10 AM GMT it could turn negative.

The next key moves that are possible on 16th Morning

8:20 am CST > 9.20 AM est 1:20 pm GMT
9.00 am CST > 10.00 AM est 2.00 pm GMT
10.30 am cst > 11.30 AM est 3.30 pm gmt
11.45 am cst > 12.45 pm est 4.45 pm gmt Mostly negative

News headlines

World Market Sentiment

This market meter contains 26 major indices of the world, to see more indices you have to move the mouse towards down.

Useful Sites for Traders Investors

World Market Pulse magazine

About World Market Pulse

An unbiased review of world markets. Review of current market scene, news, events and forecasting for the days to come.
Our focus is on prominent emerging markets, major world markets and national financial centers of big industrialized nations.

There are many markets that have their own personality and they do not necessarily follow the United States Financial markets. We can post news, views and analysis and forecasts for specific market areas to enhance value for your portfolios. If you are based outside the country of interest, you could participate in the world markets by investing in Exchange traded funds about we would be discussing and providing ample information.