Saturday, March 27, 2010

This week world market pulse

Exchange Last Change
United States Stock Market Dow * 10850.36
9.15
United States Stock Market Nasdaq 2395.13
-2.28
United States Stock Market S & P 500 1166.59
0.86
Argentina Stock Exchange MerVal 2402.45
-7.49
Brazilian Stock Exchange Bovespa 68682.65
241
Canada Stock Exchange TSX 11957.37
-0.74
Mexican Stock Exchange IPC 33147.80
-16.52
Amsterdam Stock Exchange AEX 343.81
-1.80
London Stock Exchange FTSE 100 5703.02
-24.63
Frankfurt Stock Exchange DAX 6120.05
-12.90
French Stock Market CAC 40 3988.93
-11.55
Japan Stock Market Nikkei 10996.37
167.52
Hong Kong Stock Market Hang Seng 21053.10
274.56
China Stock Market Shanghai 3059.71
40.53
Singapore Stock Market Straits 2906.28
17.91
Jakarta Stock Exchange Jakarta 2813.08
13.93
New Zealand Stock Exchange NZX 50 3240.47
2.92
Taiwan Stock Exchange TSEC 7876.86
38.76


Broad Market:

* Advance/Decline Line: Slightly Lower
* Sector Performance: Most Declining
* Volume: About Average
* Market Leading Stocks: Performing In Line

Equity Investor index:

* VIX 18.18 -1.20%
* ISE Sentiment Index 111.0 -.89%
* Total Put/Call .90 +5.88%
* NYSE Arms .67 -28.86%

Indices

* S&P 500 1,166.59 +.58%
* DJIA 10,850.36 +1.0%
* NASDAQ 2,395.13 +.87%
* Russell 2000 678.97 +.75%
* Wilshire 5000 12,003.93 +.59%
* Russell 1000 Growth 519.95 +.47%
* Russell 1000 Value 599.71 +.68%
* Morgan Stanley Consumer 704.43 +.60%
* Morgan Stanley Cyclical 902.12 +2.23%
* Morgan Stanley Technology 601.65 +.86%
* Transports 4,339.91 -.77%
* Utilities 376.36 -1.43%
* MSCI Emerging Markets 41.23 -.35%
* Lyxor L/S Equity Long Bias Index 993.41 +.20%
* Lyxor L/S Equity Variable Bias Index 853.02 +.14%
* Lyxor L/S Equity Short Bias Index 868.23 -1.76%

Sentiment/Internals

* NYSE Cumulative A/D Line +85,030 +1.0%
* Bloomberg New Highs-Lows Index +229 -222
* Bloomberg Crude Oil % Bulls 27.0 -15.6%
* CFTC Oil Net Speculative Position +111,919 -9.85%
* CFTC Oil Total Open Interest 1,298,539 -4.34%
* Total Put/Call .92 -5.15%
* OEX Put/Call 2.10 +195.77%
* ISE Sentiment 114.0 +6.54%
* NYSE Arms .69 -46.09%
* Volatility(VIX) 17.77 +4.71%
* G7 Currency Volatility (VXY) 11.62 +5.51%
* Smart Money Flow Index 9,602.93 -.11%
* Money Mkt Mutual Fund Assets $3.013 Trillion -.10%
* AAII % Bulls 32.39 -8.43%
* AAII % Bears 34.66 +16.0%

Futures Spot Prices

* CRB Index 267.32 -1.95%
* Crude Oil 80.0 -1.17%
* Reformulated Gasoline 220.74 -2.20%
* Natural Gas 3.87 -6.79%
* Heating Oil 206.97 -.59%
* Gold 1,105.40 -.24%
* Bloomberg Base Metals 214.80 -.26%
* Copper 340.30 +.59%
* US No. 1 Heavy Melt Scrap Steel 312.0 USD/Ton +2.86%
* China Hot Rolled Domestic Steel Sheet 4,384 Yuan/Ton +3.20%
* S&P GSCI Agriculture 299.27 -3.81%

Economy

* ECRI Weekly Leading Economic Index 131.50 +.46%
* Citi US Economic Surprise Index +36.30 -2.1 points
* Fed Fund Futures imply 82.0% chance of no change, 18.0% chance of 25 basis point cut on 4/28
* US Dollar Index 81.61 +1.10%
* Yield Curve 280.0 +10.0 basis points
* 10-Year US Treasury Yield 3.85% +16 basis points
* Federal Reserve's Balance Sheet $2.296 Trillion +.23%
* U.S. Sovereign Debt Credit Default Swap 35.0 +20.69%
* Western Europe Sovereign Debt Credit Default Swap Index 75.10 -4.50%
* 10-Year TIPS Spread 2.24% +3 basis points
* TED Spread 15.0 +2 basis points
* N. America Investment Grade Credit Default Swap Index 86.53 +.58%
* Euro Financial Sector Credit Default Swap Index 72.92 +2.14%
* Emerging Markets Credit Default Swap Index 233.66 +7.32%
* CMBS Super Senior AAA 10-Year Treasury Spread 266.0 -18.0 basis points
* M1 Money Supply $1.708 Trillion +.46%
* Business Loans 633.60 -.50%
* 4-Week Moving Average of Jobless Claims 453,800 -2.4%
* Continuing Claims Unemployment Rate 3.6% +10 basis points
* Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate 4.99% +3 basis points
* Weekly Mortgage Applications 595.0 -4.17%
* ABC Consumer Confidence -44 -1 point
* Weekly Retail Sales +3.40% +20 basis points
* Nationwide Gas $2.81/gallon unch.
* U.S. Heating Demand Next 7 Days 16.0% below normal
* Baltic Dry Index 3,098 -8.3%
* Oil Tanker Rate(Arabian Gulf to U.S. Gulf Coast) 52.50 -19.23%
* Rail Freight Carloads 201,300 -1.14%
* Iraqi 2028 Government Bonds 81.13 -1.51%

Economic Gauges:

* 3-Month T-Bill Yield .13% unch.
* Yield Curve 279.0 bps unch.
* Copper Days Demand n/a
* Citi US Economic Surprise Index +36.30 -4.5 points
* 10-Year TIPS Spread 2.24% 2 bps

Best Performing Style

* Small-Cap Growth +.78%

Worst Performing Style

* Mid-Cap Value +.43%

Leading Sectors

* Gaming +4.61%
* Airlines +3.24%
* Steel +3.24%
* Semis +2.63%
* Homebuilders +2.57%

Lagging Sectors

* HMOs -2.02%
* Coal -2.48%
* Oil Service -3.02%
* Gold -3.12%
* Oil Tankers -3.23%



Seeking contributors at http://worldmarketpulse.com join the site as a columnist, blogger or add your blog frequently.

http://worldmarketpulse.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

News headlines

World Market Sentiment

This market meter contains 26 major indices of the world, to see more indices you have to move the mouse towards down.

Useful Sites for Traders Investors

World Market Pulse magazine

About World Market Pulse

An unbiased review of world markets. Review of current market scene, news, events and forecasting for the days to come.
Our focus is on prominent emerging markets, major world markets and national financial centers of big industrialized nations.

There are many markets that have their own personality and they do not necessarily follow the United States Financial markets. We can post news, views and analysis and forecasts for specific market areas to enhance value for your portfolios. If you are based outside the country of interest, you could participate in the world markets by investing in Exchange traded funds about we would be discussing and providing ample information.