Saturday, March 13, 2010

Quick review of the Week

Indices

* S&P 500 1,149.99 +.99%
* DJIA 10,624.69 +.55%
* NASDAQ 2,367.66 +1.78%
* Russell 2000 676.59 +1.59%
* Wilshire 5000 11,856.53 +1.11%
* Russell 1000 Growth 513.59 +.92%
* Russell 1000 Value 591.14 +1.25%
* Morgan Stanley Consumer 694.27 +.75%
* Morgan Stanley Cyclical 877.41 +1.27%
* Morgan Stanley Technology 592.64 +2.16%
* Transports 4,325.35 +3.09%
* Utilities 376.80 -.37%
* MSCI Emerging Markets 41.38 +1.96%
* Lyxor L/S Equity Long Bias Index 984.42 +.88%
* Lyxor L/S Equity Variable Bias Index 852.88 +.55%
* Lyxor L/S Equity Short Bias Index 894.22 -2.26%

Sentiment/Internals

* NYSE Cumulative A/D Line +83,527 +5.37%
* Bloomberg New Highs-Lows Index +541 -267
* Bloomberg Crude Oil % Bulls 28.0 -26.3%
* CFTC Oil Net Speculative Position +109,314 +19.6%
* CFTC Oil Total Open Interest 1,348,241 +3.92%
* Total Put/Call .86 +2.38%
* OEX Put/Call .97 +36.62%
* ISE Sentiment 124.0 -2.36%
* NYSE Arms 1.59 +287.80%
* Volatility(VIX) 17.58 +.92%
* G7 Currency Volatility (VXY) 11.0 -7.33%
* Smart Money Flow Index 9,518.73 +1.55%
* Money Mkt Mutual Fund Assets $3.090 Trillion -1.2%
* AAII % Bulls 45.29 +26.30%
* AAII % Bears 25.29 -3.51%

Futures Spot Prices

* CRB Index 273.31 -1.31%
* Crude Oil 81.08 -.59%
* Reformulated Gasoline 225.50 -1.0%
* Natural Gas 4.38 -4.69%
* Heating Oil 209.50 -.35%
* Gold 1,101.50 -2.93%
* Bloomberg Base Metals 214.65 +.36%
* Copper 338.0 -.83%
* US No. 1 Heavy Melt Scrap Steel 303.0 USD/Ton +1.0%
* China Hot Rolled Domestic Steel Sheet 4,099 Yuan/Ton +3.38%
* S&P GSCI Agriculture 309.54 -3.48%

Economy

* ECRI Weekly Leading Economic Index 130.60 +.62%
* Citi US Economic Surprise Index +36.10 +12.7 points
* Fed Fund Futures imply 72.0% chance of no change, 28.0% chance of 25 basis point cut on 3/16
* US Dollar Index 79.83 -.77%
* Yield Curve 275.0 -4.0 basis points
* 10-Year US Treasury Yield 3.70% +2 basis points
* Federal Reserve's Balance Sheet $2.265 Trillion +.12%
* U.S. Sovereign Debt Credit Default Swap 30.0 -18.92%
* Western Europe Sovereign Debt Credit Default Swap Index 65.63 -11.04%
* 10-Year TIPS Spread 2.27% +5 basis points
* TED Spread 12.0 +1 basis point
* N. America Investment Grade Credit Default Swap Index 82.79 -4.01%
* Euro Financial Sector Credit Default Swap Index 69.73 -9.36%
* Emerging Markets Credit Default Swap Index 217.0 -10.40%
* CMBS Super Senior AAA 10-Year Treasury Spread 303.0 -21.0 basis points
* M1 Money Supply $1.713 Trillion -.32%
* Business Loans 642.70 unch.
* 4-Week Moving Average of Jobless Claims 475,500 +1.1%
* Continuing Claims Unemployment Rate 3.5% unch.
* Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate 4.95% -2 basis points
* Weekly Mortgage Applications 633.10 +.51%
* ABC Consumer Confidence -49 unch.
* Weekly Retail Sales +3.10% +130 basis points
* Nationwide Gas $2.78/gallon +.06/gallon
* U.S. Heating Demand Next 7 Days 21.0% below normal
* Baltic Dry Index 3,316 +6.25%
* Oil Tanker Rate(Arabian Gulf to U.S. Gulf Coast) 57.50 +4.55%
* Rail Freight Carloads 212,296 +3.15%
* Iraqi 2028 Government Bonds 82.50 +1.75%

Best Performing Style

* Small-Cap Growth +1.61%

Worst Performing Style

* Large-Cap Growth +.92%

Leading Sectors

* Oil Tankers +4.82%
* Steel +4.63%
* Airlines +4.34%
* Road & Rail +4.15%
* Restaurants +4.0%

Lagging Sectors

* Coal -.50%
* HMOs -.62%
* Medical Equipment -1.19%
* Tobacco -1.62%
* Gold -3.64%

No comments:

Post a Comment

News headlines

World Market Sentiment

This market meter contains 26 major indices of the world, to see more indices you have to move the mouse towards down.

Useful Sites for Traders Investors

World Market Pulse magazine

About World Market Pulse

An unbiased review of world markets. Review of current market scene, news, events and forecasting for the days to come.
Our focus is on prominent emerging markets, major world markets and national financial centers of big industrialized nations.

There are many markets that have their own personality and they do not necessarily follow the United States Financial markets. We can post news, views and analysis and forecasts for specific market areas to enhance value for your portfolios. If you are based outside the country of interest, you could participate in the world markets by investing in Exchange traded funds about we would be discussing and providing ample information.